the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Show don't Tell

Of course this is better than most every thing on newgrounds but my review is in context of your other work. I don't feel that the animation was up to par with your earlier work in this series, the scenes of when bitey was younger in particular. The narration was also rather dull and I think it told too much. I understand that you are trying to introduce a higher level of understanding for the brakenwood world and tell the story of teh dashkin, but it feels as if the narration was used as a crutch in this animation, which is a crutch you definitely don't need, as you are a master of visual story telling and character animation. Please tell us the story through the visuals as much as you can, as you have in the past. The writing wasn't bad, it just told way too much compared to what was going on visually.

Been following you from the begining, and I love all your stuff, so I hope you will find this constructive, and not offensive in any way.
%Nils

How to NG Animator God 2 How to NG Animator God 2

hot

So many layers of sarcasm in this i don't know what to do. I would like to do some hardcore film analysis on this animation, i will send you the paper when its done.

Charlie the Unicorn 2 Charlie the Unicorn 2

Could have been better.

I know its hard to top some thing as amazing as the first one, but this animation completely followed the same formula as the first one, only the "out there" factor was increased by a notch or two. Although it had some funny moments, overall I was pretty disappointed by it, I know that you could have been far more original with it than you were.

how it will end. how it will end.

I'm afraid to watch your other movies

Because I'm afraid they wont be as good as this one. amazing video, should be in the top 50 instead of 500.

Leisurely Ragtime Leisurely Ragtime

like your old stuff

I liked this a lot, same style as the original madness cartoons before the seemed to take them selves seriously. I am not saying that all of your madness animations aren't great, but this animation was fun which is some thing you are good at in a unique and odd way.

TANKMEN 2 TANKMEN 2

An Honest Review

The animation has great style and is very well done. That is why you are getting a 7. The reason why you aren't getting a 9 or 10 is because that was the main thing you had going for you. The humor didn't come close to matching the first one (two). Especially before they got on the tank, the pace of the piece was a lot slower than it should of been. I think that even though the humor was in the same style for the most part, it wasn't as smart in this one as the other ones. Just focus more on the idea and the script.

-Nils

JohnnyUtah responds:

i know the pace was slower, that was intentional. sorry you didnt like it, but i dont completely agree with you.

Aladdin 3150 Aladdin 3150

Very well done, But one part needs a make over.

*spoilers* I would say the only part of this animation which was not successful was the part where the princess got shot and all of those memories flashed before his eyes. Some of the faces in there were just annoying. I liked the idea behind that scene, it was a fairly original way to do it, but the images them selves didn't live up to the rest of the animation (especially the ones with her lips puckered up, they just didn't fit with the mood at all). Overall you deserve all the praise you are getting for this, it is definitely one of the top 25 on new grounds. I think your strongest point on this was the editing and camera angles, you have a very good cinematic sense.

The Sun And The Moon The Sun And The Moon

Could of been good.

Your animating style is interesting enough for the most part well drawn. The sound was crap. Couldn't understand 90% of what any one was saying. The storyline seemed like that it could of been funny if done right, but I couldn't understand any thing. Also the sound wasn't synced up with their mouths very well either. Other than that I can tell that you could make good animations (haven't watched your other videos) SO PLEASE DO, and don't submit some thing like this so unfinished and crappy. could of been good.

AustinBreed responds:

I don't blame you for your opinion, I thought it was crap too. :P I know more about audio now than I did. I suggest you look at my other flashes, I think you would be much more pleased. :)

Fjernsyn Fjernsyn

Nice

It's art man. Nothing else to be said.

Dad's at Work Dad's at Work

Sorry

Doesn't live up to the original at all. I am sure you put a lot of work into this, but the content isn't nearly as funny as the original, that is really its only downfall, but a huge one. I'm not convinced you should of made another one any way.